Child Counseling & Play Therapy
Play therapy can help kids and parents through the tough times.
All good parents strive to protect their children from unnecessary harm.
But sometimes, despite our best efforts and intentions, little kids still confront BIG issues. It can be difficult to imagine a child grappling with the weighty issues that devastate or stump adults, but in this modern world, children often wrestle with grown-up problems.
The unfortunate difference is that our kids often lack the emotional regulatory skills to cope successfully.
Often lacking the maturity of vocabulary to tak through their feelings, children act them out instead, sometimes developing destructive compensatory behaviors that baffle and frustrate well-intentioned parents.
How do you know if your child can benefit from play therapy?
Is your child experiencing…
Attachment Issues: Difficulty forming healthy, emotional bonds to caregivers
Academic or Attentional Problems: Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD); learning disabilities in reading, mathematics, or written language; dyslexia; speech disorders
Developmental Challenges: Autism, Down Syndrome, Special Needs, failure to meet expected developmental milestones
Behavioral Difficulties: Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder, tantrums, aggression, rule-breaking (from minor infractions at school to criminal behavior)
Socialization Problems: Bullying or being bullied; debilitating shyness or social anxiety
Grief or Chronic Illness: loss of a family member; or a chronic health condition (such as cancer, diabetes, cerebral palsy, etc.)
When it comes to kids and therapy, you can never play it too safe!
To help your little ones (ages 2-9) adapt to the BIG issues, our team of child counseling experts recommends the use of play therapy and other research-baed techniques designed just for them. By using the principles of age-appropriate structured, therapeutic play, we encourage your child to let down their emotional fortress and process the heavy issues in a developmentally appropriate (and fun!) context.
Added bonus here: we sneak in exercises to help your child learn more advanced skills for emotional/attention regulation AND prosocial (or compassionate) behaviors.
Parenting is tough enough. When life gets tricky and your kids begin to show signs of distress, reach out. Let us help you help them!
- Sabrina M. JanecekLPCPark Cities OfficeFees: $130 per 50 min sessionSpecialties: ADHD, Adolescents, Adoption & Foster Care, Blended Families, Bullying, Child Counseling, Child or Play Therapy, Childhood Abuse Recovery, Cutting, Dealing with Abortion, Gender-creative Kids, Kids, Teens & Tweens, Oppositional Defiance, Parenting, Tweens & Teens
- Courtney CallawayLPCDallas & Fort WorthFees:
Therapy: $130 per session
Yoga: $70 per hour session
$90 per 1.5 hour sessionSpecialties: ADHD, Adolescents, Adulting, Anxiety Disorders, Bullying, Child Counseling, Child or Play Therapy, Cutting, Depression, EMDR, Grief & Loss, Self Harm, Stress Management, Suicidal Thoughts, Trauma & Abuse Recovery, Tweens & Teens, Yoga Therapy
- lauren grogmanLPCPark Cities Office$130 for a 50 minute sessionSpecialties: Adolescents, Anger Management, Anxiety Disorders, Blended Families, Body Picking, Child Counseling, Child or Play Therapy, Depression, Kids, Teens & Tweens, Parental Alienation, Parenting, Trichotillomania, Tweens & Teens, Women's Issues
- Kerri HerringtonLPCPark Cities Office$130 per 50 minute sessionSpecialties: ADHD, Adolescents, Adoption & Foster Care, Anxiety Disorders, Bullying, Child Counseling, Child or Play Therapy, Cutting, EMDR, Family Issues, Self Harm, Social Anxiety, Trauma & Abuse Recovery, Tweens & Teens
- Cortney EdwardsLPC Intern Supervised by
Chris Jones, LPC-SFort Worth Office$90 per 50 minute sessionSpecialties: Addiction & Substance Abuse, Adolescents, Ayurveda & Lifestyle, Bipolar Disorder, Child Counseling, Child or Play Therapy, Childhood Abuse Recovery, Codependency Issues, Depression, Divorce & Breakups, Failure to Launch, Family Issues, Men's Issues, Mindfulness Training, Mood Disorders, New Parents, Postpartum Depression, Pregnancy Issues, Sexual Identity, Tweens & Teens, Yoga Therapy
- Annalise HarnessPracticum Student Supervised by Ly Tran, LPC-SPlano OfficeFees: $30 per 50 min sessionSpecialties: ADHD, Adolescents, Adulting, Child Counseling, Child or Play Therapy, Dealing with Chronic Illness, Death & Dying, Divorce & Breakups, Grief & Loss, Kids, Teens & Tweens, Loss of Pregnancy, Marriage Counseling, Marriage Counseling, Pre-Engagement, Pre-Marital, Relationship Issues, Tweens & Teens, Young Adults
- Laura HarrisonLPC-Intern Supervised
by Ly Tran, LPC-SPlano/Richardson OfficeFees: $95 per 50 min sessionSpecialties: Adulting, Child Counseling, Child or Play Therapy, Depression, Failure to Launch, Kids, Teens & Tweens, Major Depression, Postpartum Depression, Quarter-Life Issues, Suicidal Thoughts, Young Adults, Young Adults in Transition
- Kayla WhiteLCDC-Intern Supervised
by Jenny Wang, LPC-SFrisco & Plano/RichardsonFees: $95 for a 50 min sessionSpecialties: ADHD, Adolescents, Anxiety Disorders, Bullying, Child Counseling, Child or Play Therapy, Cutting, Dealing with Chronic Illness, Depression, Kids, Teens & Tweens, LGBTQ & Gender Issues, Major Depression, Panic Attacks, Parenting, Postpartum Depression, Self Harm, Social Anxiety, Stress Management, Suicidal Thoughts