Kristin has a desire to create a safe, non-judgmental, empathic environment during the counseling process. She truly believes when people feel comfortable to become vulnerable and share their stories then true healing, strength, and freedom can happen to move on from past and present hurts or life adjustments. Kristin views counseling as a privileged time to walk with someone through life’s struggles and provide the support they need to continue on the journey. She considers herself a trauma-informed integrative counselor, pulling from different modalities and techniques as necessary, with a bent toward cognitive behavioral therapy and EMDR.
Kristin is an EMDR trained therapist who can work with clients on a whole range of traumas or adverse emotional experiences. EMDR is a cutting edge and highly tested technique which uses neuropsychological and structural components of the brain to treat trauma, depression, complex anxiety and a number of other severe issues. She has worked with women during unexpected pregnancies and has run groups for women seeking post-abortion healing. Some of her individual work has included issues around anxiety, domestic violence, stress, depression, relationship issues, and helping others through cross-cultural adjustments. Kristin really enjoys helping young adults’ transition through their university and career phases and journeying with people in their questions about faith and spirituality.
Kristin is originally from the heart of America, Ohio. Having overcome traumatic events from her childhood and then realizing she often took the role of helper with her friends and family, she understood she had a gift that she could use to help people overcome their own personal struggles. Kristin graduated in 2002 from UNC Charlotte with a BA in Psychology and then went on to gain her MA in Counseling from Liberty University in 2006. After completing several hours toward her supervised counseling, Kristin realized she had the heart to serve and help people internationally, so she boarded a plane in 2010 and has lived the last 8 years in London, England. Having returned to America in 2018, Kristin is now eager to finish her supervised counseling hours toward her pursuit of licensure in the US. While in London, Kristin was an accredited counselor with the British Association of Counselors and Psychotherapists (2015-2017).
Kristin enjoys traveling and learning about new people and cultures. You can often find her sitting in a coffee shop, reading a book or meeting up with friends. She loves to discover new hole-in-the-wall restaurants with great food (recommendations welcome!). She has a huge appreciation for hiking, art, history, and music which all feed her soul. But her biggest passion is investing in people and relationships and caring for those around her.
or Call: 469-575-0222
- LPC, MAC, NCCSpecialties: Abuse Recovery, Adolescents / Teens, Anxiety, Couples / Relationships, Depression, Grief & loss, Minority Issues, Minority Parenting, Parents, Stress Management, substance abuse
- Masters Intern, supervised by Erin James, LPC-SSpecialties: Adolescents / Teens, Infidelity, Lack of Intimacy, LGBTQ Issues, Self-esteem
- Masters InternSpecialties: Child Therapy, Child Trauma, Couples / Relationships, Family Issues, Self-esteem, Teens and Tweens
- LPCSpecialties: Anxiety, Autism, Child Therapy, Depression, Family Issues, Parents, Special Needs
- LPC-Intern, supervised by Erin James, LPC-SSpecialties: Abuse Recovery, Anger Management, Anxiety, Couples / Relationships, Cross-Cultural Issues, Depression, EMDR Therapy, Identity Issues, LGBTQ Issues, Post-Abortion, Preganancy, Stress Management, Trauma Recovery, Young Adults
- LPC, NCCSpecialties: adult life transitions, Anxiety, bipolar disorder, Couples / Relationships, Depression, Stress Management, substance abuse
- Masters InternSpecialties: Anxiety, Couples / Relationships, Family Issues, Teens and Tweens
- Masters Level InternSpecialties: Adolescents / Teens, Child Therapy, Child-Parent Relationship Therapy, substance abuse, Teens and Tweens
- LPC-SSpecialties: Adolescents / Teens, Couples / Relationships, Eating Disorders, Family Issues, Marriage, Mindfulness, Stress Management, substance abuse