Kristin has a desire to create a safe, non-judgmental, empathic environment during the counseling process. She truly believes when people feel comfortable to become vulnerable and share their stories then true healing, strength, and freedom can happen to move on from past and present hurts or life adjustments. Kristin views counseling as a privileged time to walk with someone through life’s struggles and provide the support they need to continue on the journey. She considers herself an integrative counselor, pulling from different modalities and techniques as necessary, with a bent toward cognitive behavioral therapy.
Kristin is originally from the heart of America, Ohio. Having overcome traumatic events from her childhood and then realizing she often took the role of helper with her friends and family, she understood she had a gift that she could use to help people overcome their own personal struggles. Kristin graduated in 2002 from UNC Charlotte with a BA in Psychology and then went on to gain her MA in Counseling from Liberty University in 2006. After completing several hours toward her supervised counseling, Kristin realized she had the heart to serve and help people internationally, so she boarded a plane in 2010 and has lived the last 8 years in London, England. Having returned to America in 2018, Kristin is now eager to finish her supervised counseling hours toward her pursuit of licensure in the US.
While in London, Kristin was an accredited counselor with the British Association of Counselors and Psychotherapists (2015-2017). She has worked with women during unexpected pregnancies and has run groups for women seeking post-abortion healing. She has spoken at conferences in different countries on these topics and has trained others to run post-abortion healing groups as well. Kristin has also been involved in groups focusing on anger management and violence prevention education for adolescent males. Some of her individual work has included issues around anxiety, stress, depression, relationship issues, and helping others through cross-cultural adjustments. Kristin really enjoys helping young adults’ transition through their university and career phases and journeying with people in their questions about faith and spirituality.
Kristin enjoys traveling and learning about new people and cultures. You can often find her sitting in a coffee shop, reading a book or meeting up with friends. She loves to discover new hole-in-the-wall restaurants with great food (recommendations welcome!). She has a huge appreciation for hiking, art, history, and music which all feed her soul. But her biggest passion is investing in people and relationships and caring for those around her.
- LPC-SSpecialties: Adolescents / Teens, Couples / Relationships, Eating Disorders, Family Issues, Marriage, Mindfulness, Stress Management, substance abuse
- Masters Intern, supervised by Erin James, LPC-SSpecialties: Adolescents / Teens, Infidelity, Lack of Intimacy, LGBTQ Issues, Self-esteem
- LPC-Intern, supervised by Erin James, LPC-SSpecialties: Abuse Recovery, Anxiety, Bullying, Child Trauma, Family Issues, Grief & loss, Identity Issues, LGBTQ Issues, Parents, PTSD, Self-esteem, Self-Harm, Special Needs, Stress Management, Suicidal Thoughts, Young Adults
- LPC-Intern, supervised by Erin James, LPC-SSpecialties: Abuse Recovery, Anger Management, Anxiety, Couples / Relationships, Cross-Cultural Issues, Depression, Identity Issues, LGBTQ Issues, Post-Abortion, Preganancy, Stress Management, Young Adults
- LPC, MAC, NCCSpecialties: Abuse Recovery, Adolescents / Teens, Anxiety, Couples / Relationships, Depression, Grief & loss, Minority Issues, Minority Parenting, Parents, Stress Management, substance abuse
- LPC, NCCSpecialties: adult life transitions, Anxiety, bipolar disorder, Couples / Relationships, Depression, Stress Management, substance abuse