Child-Parent Relationship Training Group Experience
In today’s world, parenting can be exhausting, nerve-wracking, and downright confusing. But wouldn’t it be great if you felt really confident about your parenting?
Child-Parent Relationship Training (CPRT) – also called Filial Therapy – is a research-based, 10-week parenting course for parents with children under the age of 10 that teaches parents how to use some of the same skills that play therapists use to help children experiencing social, emotional or behavioral problems. Research shows that motivated, CPRT trained parents can be as effective as a professional in helping their children.
Classes meet weekly on Wednesdays at 6 pm to 8pm beginning April 10th.
Call to Sign up: 616.929.0248
Is (CPRT) Child-Parent-Relationship Training Right For You And Your Child?
Here are a few questions to help you in evaluating if CPRT would be beneficial to you and your family.
- Do you feel like you have lost control as a parent?
- Have you found yourself yelling at, more often than laughing with, your child?
- Do you wish you were closer to your child?
- Do you feel like you’re constantly repeating yourself, issuing commands that are ignored?
- Would you like for your relationship with your child to go back to the “way it used to be?”
How can the CPRT group experience help?
In ten weeks, you will learn how to:
- Re-establish your control as a parent
- Help your child develop and use self-control
- Effectively discipline and limit unwanted behavior
- Understand your child’s emotional needs
- Communicate more effectively with your child
During this time, you will see a noticeable difference in:
- Your relationship with your child
- Your child’s behavior
- Your ability to respond effectively
- Your confidence in your parenting skills
Sounds too good to be true, right? It’s not. Lifeologie Counseling Grand Rapids can help you get there!
Questions you may have about the program:
- Should both parents attend?
- Both parents are welcome to attend, and while this would be an incredible opportunity to help empower the whole family system, it is not required.
- Does my child attend?
- The child does not attend the group. This time is just for you to come and learn new skills. You will practice them during the week, and come to report back to the group how it went. If childcare is a concern, let us know! We can help problem solve.
- How many people are will be in each group?
- The group size will be kept at or under 10 adults. (More attention per parent!)
- What happens if the weather is too bad to attend?
- We will either re-schedule as a group, or we will push out the last week as necessary to get to all of the (fabulous) curriculum. Trust us, you won’t want to miss it.
- What about if we have to miss a session?
- I can meet with parents one on one to get them caught up so that you don’t fall behind!