Addiction & Substance Abuse
Is Substance Abuse Counseling Right For Me?
How do I know if I need substance abuse counseling? When does substance use qualify as substance abuse? Binge-drinking on the weekend… popping a few pills to get by… When you use substances in place of healthier coping skills, you are abusing a substance. And when you are unable to overcome addictive and compulsive self-destructive urges such as drinking, taking drugs, gambling, exercising, shopping, gaming or engaging in self-destructive sexual behavior, you’re headed down the self-destructive road to addiction.
Substance abuse transforms into addiction when the user develops a physiological and psychological dependence on the drug or behavior. If you find yourself needing more and more to get what the high you’re looking for, you might be experiencing addiciton.
Withdrawal symptoms are also a sure sign of addiction. If you feel awful when you quit smoking, drinking, drugging … or doing anything else compulsively, you may have an addiciton.
Recovery from substance abuse and addiction is a life-long journey—and it may be the hardest thing you ever do—but it’s worth it! Lifeologie can help you get your life back!
Meet our Counselors who help with this issue
- Adriana SpeikerLPC, LCDC-InternDallas & Fort WorthFees;
Therapy: $130 per 50 min
Veteran/Military discount: $65 per 50 minute session Psychotherapeutic yoga:
$90 per 50 min sessionSpecialties: Addiction & Substance Abuse, Anxiety Disorders, Behavioral Addictions, Depression, Drug and Alcohol Abuse, Eating Disorders, EMDR, Mindfulness Training, Psychotherapeutic Yoga, PTSD Recovery, Stress Management, Trauma & Abuse Recovery, Veterans & Military, Yoga Therapy
- Sweta AhujaLPCDallas & Fort WorthFees: $130 for 50 min sessionSpecialties: Addiction & Substance Abuse, Adulting, Anxiety Disorders, Bipolar Disorder, Biracial Couples, Borderline Personality, Codependency Issues, Couples Counseling, Cross-Cultural Relationships, Depression, EMDR, Families & Mental Illness, Men's Issues, Multi-Cultural Issues, Quarter-Life Issues, Relationship Issues, Schizophrenia, Women's Issues, Young Adults in Transition
- Kirsten ShafferLMFT Associate Supervised by Dr. Misti Sparks, LMFT-SDallas & Fort WorthFees: $90 per 50 min sessionSpecialties: Addiction & Substance Abuse, Anorexia, Behavioral Addictions, Bullimia, Codependency Issues, Couples Counseling, Drug and Alcohol Abuse, Eating Disorders, Families & Mental Illness, Family Issues, Marriage Counseling
- Cortney EdwardsLPC Intern Supervised by
Chris Jones, LPC-SFort Worth Office$90 per 50 minute sessionSpecialties: Addiction & Substance Abuse, Adolescents, Ayurveda & Lifestyle, Bipolar Disorder, Child Counseling, Child or Play Therapy, Childhood Abuse Recovery, Codependency Issues, Depression, Divorce & Breakups, Failure to Launch, Family Issues, Men's Issues, Mindfulness Training, Mood Disorders, New Parents, Postpartum Depression, Pregnancy Issues, Sexual Identity, Tweens & Teens, Yoga Therapy
- Jessica LatchawLPC Intern, LCDC Intern Supervised by
Chris Jones, LPC-SFort Worth Office$90 per 50 min sessionSpecialties: Addiction & Substance Abuse, Body Image, Codependency Issues, Couples Counseling, Cutting, Eating Disorders, Grief & Loss, LGBTQ & Gender Issues, LGBTQ Couples, New Parents, Pre-Marital, Pregnancy Issues, Self Harm, Young Adults in Transition
- Saliha QadirLPC-Intern, NCC, Supervised by Von Eaglin, LPC-SDallas officeFees: $105 for 50 min sessionSpecialties: Addiction & Substance Abuse, Anger Management, Arranged Marriages, Behavioral Addictions, Couples Counseling, Depression, Drug and Alcohol Abuse, Infidelity, Interfaith Relationships, LGBTQ & Gender Issues, Marriage Counseling, Mental Health Issues, Religious & Cultural Issues, Sex & Sexuality, Women's Issues
- Misty DiazMasters level InternDallas Office$75 per 50 minute sessionSpecialties: Addiction & Substance Abuse, Bipolar Disorder, career counseling, Family Issues, LGBTQ & Gender Issues, Marriage & Gender, Mental Health Issues, Self Harm, Sexual Identity, Trauma & Abuse Recovery
- Calvin BurnsLPC Intern, supervised by Ly Tran, LPC-SFrisco & Plano/RichardsonFees: $105 per 50 min sessionSpecialties: Addiction & Substance Abuse, Anxiety Disorders, Christian Counseling, Christian Marriage Counseling, Couples Counseling, Dealing with OCD, Depression, Divorce & Breakups, Major Depression, Marriage Counseling, Newlyweds, Relationship Issues, Suicidal Thoughts, suicide prevention