ADHD Counseling & Therapy
Does My Child Have ADHD? (…Or Could I?)
ADHD counseling can help you solve the puzzle of why a smart kid can’t seem to reach his or her full potential. Does your child’s boundless, unfocused energy remind you of a rambunctious, untrained puppy? Do you have your fair share of “awww” moments, but still fight a daily battle to outpace a tidal wave of household destruction and the storms and troubles at school?
If so, your child may be dealing with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, or ADHD. Trust us: You’re not alone on this one! One in ten school-aged children will be diagnosed with ADHD before age eighteen.
Three clusters of symptoms that comprise ADHD:
Neglecting details—particularly in schoolwork (Complicated long division problems or critical reading passages? Yeah, forget it!)
Goldfish-like attention span (including forgetfulness or easy distractibility)
Disorganization (Just take a quick peek into your child’s locker or backpack)
Absence of listening skills (especially when it’s important!)
Difficulty meeting school deadlines or adhering to time constraints (for example, trying to finish a timed test)
Fidgeting or difficulty staying in a seat
Running or climbing exceeds the normal bounds of childhood play
Amped up behaviors that exceed age-appropriate norms
Boisterous or intrusive behaviors (blurting out answers to schoolwork; interrupting playmates; speaking purposelessly or loudly)
Difficulty waiting to speak or interact when appropriate
ADHD in Adults
Adults can have ADHD too! But thanks to years of practice and our fully developed frontal lobes, we’re a little better at concealing our condition from the masses.
Symptoms of ADHD in adults may include
A pattern of failed deadlines in academic or occupational settings
Procrastination or poor time management skills (including a lack of punctuality)
Forgetfulness or disorganization (when it comes to organizing your workspace, paying the bills, remembering to attend meetings, lectures, or appointments)
Distractibility (A funny paradox: Do you require a source of sound—television or music—in order to block out the sound of silence and meet your deadline?)
At Lifeologie, we specialize in innovation and focus on what works.
A person with ADHD must learn effective ways to cope with his/her neurobiological inclination for attention-drift and the impulse to act without thinking. Effective therapeutic interventions for ADHD include traditional approaches such as psychotherapy and medication management, as well as health and nutrition coaching, mindfulness training, and yoga therapy.
And at Lifeologie, we’re here to help you crack the ADHD code and help you unlock your child’s (or YOUR) true potential!
Meet our counselors who specialize in this issue
- Christopher “Chris” JonesLPC, LPC supervisorDallas & Fort Worth$155 per 50 minute sessionSpecialties: Abuse Recovery, ADHD, Adolescents, Adoption & Foster Care, Adulting, Complex Trauma Recovery, Conduct Discorder, EMDR, Failure to Launch, Oppositional Defiance, Parenting, PTSD Recovery, Quarter-Life Issues, Trauma & Abuse Recovery, Young Adults in Transition
- Courtney CallawayLPCDallas & Fort WorthFees:
Therapy: $130 per session
Yoga: $70 per hour session
$90 per 1.5 hour sessionSpecialties: ADHD, Adolescents, Adulting, Anxiety Disorders, Bullying, Child Counseling, Child or Play Therapy, Cutting, Depression, EMDR, Grief & Loss, Self Harm, Stress Management, Suicidal Thoughts, Trauma & Abuse Recovery, Tweens & Teens, Yoga Therapy
- Laura Abbott Coan: Yoga TherapistPsychotherapeutic YogaDallas OfficeFees: $105 for 50 min sessionSpecialties: ADHD, Adolescents, Anxiety Disorders, Ayurveda & Lifestyle, Body Picking, Complex Trauma Recovery, Depression, Eating Disorders, Insomnia, Meditation, Mindfulness Training, Psychotherapeutic Yoga, PTSD Recovery, Stress Management, Trichotillomania, Women's Issues, Yoga Therapy
- Annalise HarnessPracticum Student Supervised by Ly Tran, LPC-SPlano/Richardson OfficeFees: $50 per 50 min sessionSpecialties: ADHD, Adolescents, Adulting, Child Counseling, Child or Play Therapy, Couples Counseling, Dealing with Chronic Illness, Death & Dying, Divorce & Breakups, Grief & Loss, Kids, Teens & Tweens, Marriage Counseling, Marriage Counseling, Relationship Issues, Tweens & Teens, Young Adults, Young Adults in Transition
- Kayla WhiteLPC-Intern Supervised
by Jenny Wang, LPC-SFriscoFees: $105 for a 50 min sessionSpecialties: ADHD, Adolescents, Bullying, Child Counseling, Child or Play Therapy, Cutting, Depression, Divorce & Breakups, Grief & Loss, Kids, Teens & Tweens, LGBTQ & Gender Issues, Major Depression, Mood Disorders, Parenting, Self Harm, Suicidal Thoughts, Young Adults
- Dieula PrevilonLPC & Life CoachFrisco & Plano/RichardsonFees: $130 for a 50 min sessionSpecialties: Abuse Recovery, ADHD, Adolescents, Anxiety Disorders, Biracial Couples, Blended Families, Childhood Abuse Recovery, Christian Counseling, Christian Marriage Counseling, Couples Counseling, Depression, Divorce & Adjustment, Divorce & Breakups, Emotional Abuse Recovery, Grief & Loss, Infidelity, Life Changing Events, Major Depression, Marriage Counseling, Marriage Counseling, Panic Attacks, Parenting, Physical Abuse Recovery, Sexual Abuse Recovery, Social Anxiety, Spousal Abuse Recovedry, Stress Management, Trauma & Abuse Recovery, Tweens & Teens, Veterans & Military, Young Adults, Young Adults in Transition