Kids, Teens & Tweens
Counseling kids tweens and teens is one of our specialties. We can help your family through those sticky developmental stages using effective, evidence-based techniques.
Play therapy and child counseling helps children address and resolve their problems through the natural medium of play. It builds on the natural way that children learn about themselves and their relationships in the world. Play therapy also provides a safe psychological distance from a children’s problems and allows expression of thoughts and feelings appropriate to their development. Through play therapy, children learn to communicate with others, express feelings, self-regulate their behavior, develop problem-solving skills, and learn a variety of ways of relating to others.
Therapy for Teens, Tweens & 20 Somethings
A word of wisdom: your teenager is not going to become that perfect image of you, no matter what oppressive consequences you have in store. Sorry. This is where therapy comes into play. For families nearing that tipping point of ‘everybody eats dinner in a separate room,’ and ‘one more screw-up and you’re packing for boarding school, kid,’ then consider using a therapist to corral the lost and surly members of your household back into the goodwill of a healthy family circle.
All parents need a little parenting help occasionally. Parenting skills training, (aka filial therapy), is an educational process in which you (parents or caregivers) learn how to positively impact your child’s development. You may not realize that you – as a parent – can be a therapeutic agent for your kids. We can teach you how to do that.
Meet our counselors who specialize in working with kids, teens & tweens
- Jenny WangLPC, LPC-SupervisorFrisco & Plano/RichardsonFees: $165 for a 50 minutesSpecialties: Anxiety Disorders, Dealing with OCD, PTSD Recovery, Trauma & Abuse Recovery, Tweens & Teens
- Dieula PrevilonLPC & Life CoachFrisco & Plano/RichardsonFees: $135 for a 50 min sessionSpecialties: Abuse Recovery, ADHD, Adolescents, Biracial Couples, Blended Families, Childhood Abuse Recovery, Christian Counseling, Codependency Issues, Couples Counseling, Dealing with Abortion, Divorce & Adjustment, Divorce & Breakups, Emotional Abuse Recovery, Life Changing Events, Physical Abuse Recovery, PTSD Recovery, Sexual Abuse Recovery, Spousal Abuse Recovedry, suicide prevention, Trauma & Abuse Recovery, Tweens & Teens, Veterans & Military
- Carrie CravensLCSWPlano/RichardsonFees: $165 for a 50 minute sessionSpecialties: Adolescents, Adoption & Foster Care, Blended Families, Codependency Issues, Couples Counseling, Divorce & Adjustment, Family Issues, Infidelity, Marriage Counseling, Marriage Counseling, Relationship Issues, Women's Issues
- Laura HarrisonLPC-Intern Supervised
by Ly Tran, LPC-SPlano/Richardson OfficeFees: $105 per 50 min sessionSpecialties: Adolescents, Adulting, Depression, Failure to Launch, Family Issues, Kids, Teens & Tweens, Life Changing Events, Major Depression, Parenting, Postpartum Depression, Suicidal Thoughts, Trauma & Abuse Recovery, Tweens & Teens, Young Adults, Young Adults in Transition
- Mark OlkowskiLMFT Associate
Supervised by Lynn
McCracken, LPC-S, LMFT-SFrisco and Plano/RichardsonFees: $105 for a 50 minute session.Specialties: Abandonment Issues, Abuse Recovery, Adolescents, Bipolar Disorder, Blended Families, Borderline Personality, Childhood Abuse Recovery, Christian Counseling, Christian Marriage Counseling, Codependency Issues, Couples Counseling, Divorce & Adjustment, Emotional Abuse Recovery, Failure to Launch, Families & Mental Illness, Family Issues, Infidelity, Last-Ditch Marital, Male Sexuality, Marriage & Gender, Marriage Counseling, Mental Health Issues, Mood Disorders, Narcissism, Newlyweds, Parenting, Pre-Engagement, Pre-Marital, Schizophrenia, Sex & Sexuality, Sex Therapy, Sexual Abuse Recovery, Tweens & Teens, Young Adults, Young Adults in Transition
- LPC Intern - Supervised by Jack Dickerson, LPC-SPlano / Richardson